parent coaching certification
In parent delivered ESDM (P-ESDM), parents and therapists use the book written for parents, An Early
Start for Your Child with Autism: Using Everyday Activities to Help Kids Connect, Communicate, and Learn by Sally Rogers, Geraldine Dawson, and Laurie Vismara. We have also developed The Coaching Parents in ESDM manual, by Sally J. Rogers and Laurie Vismara (not yet published), which describes our current practices in supporting parents to incorporate the Early Start Denver Model (ESDM techniques) into their everyday routines with their young children with ASD. The Parent Coaching Program provides an opportunity for therapists to build skills in teaching parents about ESDM methods, based on the published parent manual.
Steps to Parent Coaching Certification in the Early Start Denver Model (ESDM)
1) Read the ESDM Manual: The Early Start Denver Model for Young Children with Autism: Promoting Language, Learning and Engagement.
2) Successful completion of the ESDM Introductory, Advanced & Parent Coaching Workshops
3) Must have practiced as an ESDM Certified Therapist with a variety of children for a minimum of six months
4) Apply for P-ESDM Coaching Certification
Once you have been approved for certification and all fees are paid in full, you will be assigned to a Certified Trainer for Therapist Certification Supervision.
5) Submit Training Materials for Certification
Submit materials according to the Supervision Action Plan. Timeline and due dates are based on the start date of when you are officially assigned to a supervising parent coach.
If you are an ESDM Certified Therapist, Parent Coach, and/or Trainer and would like to update your contact information on the official ESDM online lists of providers, please click the link below to complete a brief survey that will help us to fulfill your request.